To foster and develop recreation opportunities to enhance individual wellbeing, community wellbeing, and the wellbeing of our built and natural environments.
Responsibilities of the Recreation Committee
- To provide recommendations to Council related to recreation, trails, green space, and active transportation.
- To provide input on recreation related policies and procedures.
- To act as an arbitrator for unresolved disputes on recreation related matters such as facility schedules, fees and charges, and community problems related to the use of parks and facilities.
- To actively engage the community through the development of partnerships with community organizations, schools, and business.
- To act as an advocate for recreation organizations within the City of Niagara Falls.
- To provide input on park, trail, and recreation related projects when requested.
- To advocate for the addition and preservation of greenspace.
- To promote available programs, services, events and facilities to the residents of Niagara Falls.
- To act as ambassadors of the Committee at various events and festivals.
- To implement events to promote pride through community action.
- To provide volunteer assistance on special projects.
All Recreation Committee meetings take place at 5:30 PM in the Community Boardroom at the MacBain Community Centre unless otherwise listed.
- Tuesday, February 22, 2023
- Tuesday, April 25, 2023
- Tuesday, May 16, 2023
- Tuesday, June 13, 2023
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Tuesday, October 10, 2023
- Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Past Committee Minutes
Contact the Committee
For more information about this Committee, contact the City of Niagara Falls Recreation & Culture Department.
Manager of Recreation & Programs
Phone: 905-356-7521 X 3336
Email: [email protected]