Fire Prevention Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I have a fire in my back yard?
City of Niagara Falls By-Law No. 72-211 prohibits backyard campfires. Use of outdoor fireplaces and other like devices such as chimineas is prohibited.Categories: Fire Prevention
2. How can I obtain a copy of a fire report?
Whether you are an owner, tenant, neighbor or anyone looking for a copy of a fire report, a Freedom of Information request must be made to the Clerks Department at City Hall. The Niagara Falls Fire Department will not release any fire report regardless of the nature of the request without this processing being done.Categories: Clerks, Fire Prevention, Reports
3. I am purchasing a property and require a file search on the respective property - how can I obtain this?
A request for a file search can be obtained directly through the Fire Prevention Office. For this request to be completed, The Fire Prevention Office requires written authorization from the property owner or a copy of the Offer to Purchase stating that a file search be conducted. If an inspection is being requested, written authorization from the property owner must be provided. For both File Search and Inspection, applicable charges must be paid in full prior to the request being processed. For a list of Fire Service Fees please refer to the Corporation's Fee Schedule.Categories: Fire Prevention
4. How can I have a fire safety inspection done on my property?
Requests for a general fire inspection of a property can be submitted directly to the Fire Prevention Office. Written authorization from the property owner needs to be provided along with the appropriate payment. For a list of Fire Service Fees please refer to the Corporation's Fee Schedule.Categories: Fire Prevention
5. I have a reason to believe a property in the city has fire hazards present and would like to discuss my concern or file a complaint how can I do this?
The Fire Prevention Office takes all concerns regarding fire safety very seriously and would like to hear about your concern. You can file your complaint with the Fire Prevention Office by calling directly to (905)356-1321 ext 2207.Categories: Fire Prevention
6. I own property in Niagara Falls and would like to know what the Ontario Fire Code Requirements are for my property where can I find them?
It is the responsibility of the property owner to ensure that all requirements of the Ontario Fire Code are complied with. You can view the Ontario Fire Code Online .Categories: Fire Prevention