Drinking Water Frequently Asked Questions

  • Does the City sell water filtration equipment?

    No.  The City does not sell water filtration equipment and is not associated with any water filtration vendors, including door-to-door salespeople.  

    Ontario has banned door-to-door sales of water filters, making this activity illegal (as of March 1, 2018). Visit the Ontario News Release to read more about the ban and to see the list of other items this law applies to. Those with concerns can contact the Niagara Regional Police at 905-688-4111.

    Recent concerns brought to our attention claim door to door salespeople are selling water filtration equipment or requesting an inspection of your water lines indicating they are working in conjunction with the City of Niagara Falls or the Province of Ontario. 

    They are also requesting personal information on your utility accounts.  You are not required to provide access or information to anyone.

    Be advised the City has no association with the group, and does not support or sell water filtration equipment. If a City employee is required to enter your household, they will provide proper identification and will be driving in a vehicle clearly marked as The City of Niagara Falls.

    You are not required to provide access or information to anyone.

    Only City employees will be dressed in City uniforms, provide proper identification and drive clearly marked City vehicles.  

    If you have any concerns about City work, please contact Environmental Services at 905-356-7521 ext. 6322.

    For more information on our Water System, click here.

    Categories: Drinking Water, Municipal Works, Water Billing

  • Where can I buy a new bulk water card?

    Bulk water cards may be purchased through the Water Department, located at our Municipal Service Centre (3200 Stanley Avenue).  For more information, call 905-356-1355 ext 6322.

    Categories: Drinking Water, Municipal Works, Water Billing, Water Meter