To foster and develop recreation opportunities to enhance individual wellbeing, community wellbeing, and the wellbeing of our built and natural environments.
Responsibilities of the Recreation Committee
- To provide recommendations to Council related to recreation, trails, green space, and active transportation.
- To provide input on recreation related policies and procedures.
- To act as an arbitrator for unresolved disputes on recreation related matters such as facility schedules, fees and charges, and community problems related to the use of parks and facilities.
- To actively engage the community through the development of partnerships with community organizations, schools, and business.
- To act as an advocate for recreation organizations within the City of Niagara Falls.
- To provide input on park, trail, and recreation related projects when requested.
- To advocate for the addition and preservation of greenspace.
- To promote available programs, services, events and facilities to the residents of Niagara Falls.
- To act as ambassadors of the Committee at various events and festivals.
- To implement events to promote pride through community action.
- To provide volunteer assistance on special projects.
Current Committee Members
A list of the current committee members can be found here.
Past Committee Minutes
February 19, 2019
April 16, 2019
May, 21, 2019
June 18, 2019
September 17, 2019
October 15, 2019
December 17, 2019
Contact the Committee
For more information about this Committee, contact the City of Niagara Falls Recreation & Culture Department.
Community Development Coordinator
Phone: 905-356-7521 extension 3336
Email: Recreation & Culture