Tickets Frequently Asked Questions

  • Does it cost me to go to a hearing?

    An ownership search fee is applied to the fine when filing for a hearing.

    If the Hearing Officer decides in your favour, there is no cost to you. If the ticket is upheld, you must pay the fine amount as directed by the Hearing Officer including any additional charges assigned. If you fail to appear at your appointed hearing, the Hearing Officer will deem the dispute abandoned and additional fees will be added. If the ticket is not paid on time the above scenario of conviction costs, and MTO costs will be applied.

    Categories: Tickets

  • How do I dispute my ticket?

    The City of Niagara Falls operates a "First Attendance Office" with assigned Screening officers as prescribed in the Administrative Monetary Penalties bylaw applied through the Municipal Act. This office will review any parking violations issued by the City of Niagara Falls. You or your agent must appear in person and fill out a review form so staff may accurately check all information provided by you.Staff will review all information and respond as promptly as possible.

    Categories: Tickets

  • How do I pay my ticket?

    Online using your Credit Card Pay your parking ticket here! Note: A $1.75 convenience fee will apply to online payments

    In person: Finance Division - Main Floor City Hall 4310 Queen Street Niagara Falls, Ontario Payment Method: Cash, Cheque, Money Order, Interac

    By Mail (DO NOT SEND CASH IN THE MAIL) Finance Division City Hall 4310 Queen Street Niagara Falls, Ontario, L2E 6X5 Payment Method: Cheque, Money Order (Please quote infraction number on the face of your cheque)

    For Cheque Payments Make cheques or money orders payable to: The City of Niagara Falls

    Categories: Tickets

  • I received a ticket, who can I contact to get more information about the options available to me?

    For General inquiries call (905) 356-7521 extension 4960 Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

    In Person MacBain Centre - Customer Service desk 7150 Montrose Road Niagara Falls, Ontario

    Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

    Categories: Tickets

  • What happens at a Hearing?

    You will present your case before a Hearing Officer.

    A Hearing Officer is an independent third party individual who will review the ticket  Please keep in mind, that the Hearing Officer will make a decision only on the ticket issued. If you have concerns about the by-law it is issued under, this aspect is not addressed in the hearing and cannot be challenged under this format.

    The Hearing Officer's decision is final and cannot be overturned or appealed.

    Categories: Tickets

  • What if I don't pay my ticket on time?

    The City of Niagara Falls will issue a notice of outstanding penalty to the registered owner of the vehicle. This notice will be sent out approximately 15 days after the ticket was issued. The notice indicates that a "search fee" has been applied once the City of Niagara Falls has requested your ownership address information . Fees cannot be waived or removed once applied.  Should the violation not get paid after the first notice a second notice is issued.  At this point the ticket cannot be disputed and is deemed affirmed and must be paid by the date on the second notice.  If it is not, the City will forward this past due amount, plus the search fee and any late fees to the Ministry of Transportation for collection. The violation amount, and additional fees including a $20.00 processing costs is applied to your vehicle license plate. You must pay this amount prior to renewing your license.For Example: Parking Violation Original Amount: $20.00 search fee $15.00 MTO Costs $20.00 Payable on License Renewal: $56.00

    Please pay your tickets on time, and avoid extra costs.

    Categories: Tickets

  • What if I want to take my ticket to a hearing?

    You must attend MacBain Community Centre in person to request a hearing. Information regarding this is on the back of your parking infraction. You will be able to review the ticket with a screening officer prior to setting up a hearing date. If you are acting on behalf of the vehicle owner, you are considered an agent, and written permission from the owner of the vehicle is required. If you are requesting a hearing as the ticket recipient (other than owner) the registered owner of the vehicle will also be notified of the hearing date. City staff will look after all details. We will set a hearing date and advise you by mail.

    Please note that an MTO search fee will apply (if it has not already) to the fine when requesting a hearing. 

    Categories: Tickets