Reduced Off-Season Parking Rates
Reduced off-season parking rates are in effect in the following areas from Tuesday, April 3, 2018 to Friday, May 18, 2018:
- Flat Rate $5.00 for 8 hours of parking at all on-street metered parking on Fallsview Boulevard, Clark Avenue, Robinson Avenue
- $2.00 for 4 hours of parking at all on-street metered parking on Ellen Avenue, McGrail Avenue, Magdelan Avenue, Ferry Street and Hunter Street
- Municipal Lot 4 - $5.00 for 8 hours
- Municipal Lot 18 - $5.00 for 8 hours
- Municipal Lot 20 - $5.00 for 8 hours
- Please note there is no parking between 3 AM and 8 AM in all locations
- Parking can be purchased at available machines or using the online parking app HONK MOBILE.
“Zero Tolerance” Enforcement In School Zones - Safety Before Convenience
Areas designated NO Stopping and NO Parking near school zones are implemented for the visibility and safety of all children and parents in the area. Due to an increase in residential and parental concerns near schools, school zones will be considered high safety risk areas to the public and a “Zero Tolerance Zone” for the enforcement of parking regulations.
Enforcement of the Zero Tolerance Zones includes all parking bylaw infractions including, but not limited to the following:
NO Stopping – The halting of a vehicle, even momentarily, whether occupied or not, except when necessary to avoid conflict with traffic or at the direction of a police officer, is prohibited and an immediate $50.00 fine will be issued.
NO Parking – The standing of a vehicle, occupied or not, except for the purpose of and while actively engaged in the loading and unloading of passengers is prohibited. Motorists sitting in the vehicle waiting for passengers or bell times will be considered parked illegally and will result in a $25.00 fine.
Drive-Off Procedures - Driving away after infringing on the above regulations during the enforcement of a Zero Tolerance Zone or during the issuance of a parking penalty notice by a parking enforcement officer will result in the penalty notice being mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle with additional $15.00 fees incurred.
Choosing Safety Before Convenience will help to avoid potential safety hazards and receiving any parking penalty notices. Please take a few extra moments to find safer parking opportunities outside of the posted restriction areas when dropping off or picking up your child or children.
Overnight Parking By-law
View information about Overnight Parking in the City of Niagara Falls to get information about enforcement during the winter months.