Niagara Falls, ON, April 21, 2016 – The City of Niagara Falls Recreation Committee is looking for Niagara residents to sell “garage sale” items out of their trunk, at the City’s first ever “Garage Sale at the Gale” to benefit the Activity Subsidy Fund. The “Garage Sale at the Gale” will take place on Saturday, June 25th, 2016 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm in the parking lot at the Gale Centre located at 5152 Thorold Stone Road.
“We need buyers and sellers to make this a success” said Paisley Janvary-Pool, Chair of the Recreation Committee. “This is the first time for a sale of this type in Niagara Falls! A city wide garage sale with people selling items from their trunk is such a fun idea! Best of all, proceeds from the Garage Sale at the Gale will benefit the City’s Activity Subsidy Fund.”
The Activity Subsidy Fund benefits many families in Niagara Falls by subsidizing the cost of recreation activities. Registration fees and equipment expenses are eligible and applications are received year round for the consideration of the Recreation Committee.
Do you have a garage or basement full of unwanted stuff? Why not join the fun and sell your unwanted items? You can make a few dollars while benefiting the City’s Activity Subsidy Fund!
Vendor Registration Details:
Individuals (vendors) wishing to sell items must complete a Vendor Application form and provide payment in order to reserve their spots. Vendors will book a parking spot, or multiple parking spots, and will be responsible for selling their own items. The cost to book the first parking spot is $20.00. Additional spots are $15.00.
- Vendors are asked to set up between 6:00 am and 8:30 am on Saturday, June 25th. Gates will open to the public at 9:00 am sharp.
- Vendors are responsible for providing their own tables and chairs, if required.
- Vendors retain all profits from the sale of their items. Items for sale must be safe, legal, and family appropriate.
- Vendors may not sell any food or beverage.
- Vendors must take all unsold items with them. No dumping.
- Food and beverage will be available to purchase on site.
- Washrooms will be accessible located inside the Gale Centre.
The deadline for Vendor Applications is Wednesday, June 1st, 2016. Applications may be found online at www.niagarafalls.ca or at the MacBain Community Centre and the Gale Centre.
Registrations must be returned and payment be made to the MacBain Community Centre, 7150 Montrose Road. Vendor applications and questions are to be directed to Dolores Sacco at 905.356.7521 X 3342 or email@example.com