The Toilet Retrofit rebate program is on hold for 2020 while staff reevaluate it.
The Rain Barrel rebate program is on hold for 2020 while staff reevaluate it.
Rain Barrel Rebate Program
On April 9, 2019 Niagara Falls Council approved the 2019 Rain Barrel Rebate Program. This program has replaced the bi-annual rain barrel sale.
Homeowners in Niagara Falls can apply online for a rebate towards the purchase price of a rain barrel.
- Rebate limit of 50% of the cost of one (1) rain barrel up to a maximum of $50 rebate per residential account per calendar year.
- Applications will only be received for purchases within the current calendar year.
- The rain barrel can be purchased from any Canadian retailer.
- Must have an active water service account with the Municipality of the City of Niagara Falls.
- Rebates will be credited to the water service account for the Niagara Falls address where the rain barrel was installed.
- Applications do not guarantee a rebate as they are evaluated and processed on a first come first served basis, up to the program budget.
The Rebate Application Form can be downloaded or picked up at:
- City Hall at either the Municipal Works or Finance Departments, 4310 Queen Street
- MacBain Community Centre, 7150 Montrose Road
Please review the terms and conditions and instructions on the form. Once completed, all applications must be returned to the Cashiers (Finance) at City Hall or the MacBain Community Centre. All applications must be accompanied by a copy of the original receipt from a Canadian retailer.
Did you know...
Lawn and garden watering make up nearly 40% of total household water usage during the summer?
Rain barrels are a great way to conserve water and save money.
Rainwater is naturally soft and devoid of minerals which makes it naturally perfect for watering your plants and gardens. Simply divert your downspout to your rain barrel to capture and store rainwater, then use the garden hose attachment to water your flower beds, gardens, and lawns. If you have two or more barrels, use the barrel connectors to link all your barrels and capture more rainwater from your downspout.
Here’s a short video on how to assemble the RainCatcher 4000, the model previously sold by the City. For more information, please visit the FCMP Outdoor website at https://fcmponline.com/pages/rain-barrels.