Seniors Information and Resources
- 211 Ontario - Comprehensive Listing of services by Cities - 211 is a helpline and online database of Ontario's community and social services. 211 is answered and updated by highly-trained specialists.
- Senior Services (Regional Niagara) - Find information about Long-Term Care, Community Programs, Assisted Living, and more.
- Community Support Services of Niagara - Community Support Services of Niagara is a volunteer based, client-driven community support services to help seniors and adults with disabilities live independently in their own homes. CSSN staff feel that their daily work is meaningful, impacts those in the community and allows our clients to live their lives to the fullest.
- Meals on Wheels - A warm, nutrltious meal delivered right to your kitchen can be a blessing an otherwise bad day. Meals on Wheels provides that service and it does it using a fleet of volunteers and dedicated public servants who have community in their hearts and minds.
- Lifelong Learning Niagara - Lifelong Learning Niagara is a third age learning organization providing learning programs and experiences for adults 50+ living in the Niagara region. Our goal is to present stimulating and enlightening educational programs and events that appeal to a broad range of interests within our community.
- Third Age Learning Niagara - Third Age Learning Niagara (TALN) is a not-for-profit organization, offering a unique opportunities for older adults in Niagara to learn about topics of interest, in a socially engaging, small group setting.
- Non-Profit Housing (Regional Niagara) - Niagara Regional Housing (NRH) has been administering Social Housing for Niagara Region since 2002. Governed by a Board of Directors with five Niagara Regional Councillors and four community members, NRH provides a spectrum of low-income housing options in Niagara through a combination of legislated programs and services.
- Landlord & Tenant Board - The Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) was created by the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) on January 31, 2007. The RTA gives residential landlords and tenants rights and responsibilities, and sets out a process for enforcing them. The RTA also sets out the process for resolving non-profit housing co-operative (“co-op”) eviction disputes.
- Senior Water/Property Tax Credit (City of Niagara Falls) - This program runs from August 1, 2021 until October 31, 2021. A $100 Water Account Credit and/or a $80 Property Tax Account Credit is available to those who qualify.
- Niagara Peninsula Energy (Hydro) Assistance - The OESP provides a monthly credit to eligible customers based on household income and household size. The OESP credits are applied directly to eligible customer’s bills. Electricity customers may apply for the OESP independently or with the assistance of an intake agency (Project Share).
- Community Programs for Seniors (Regional Niagara) - Niagara Region provides a range of services for seniors who want to keep active and stay in their home as long as possible. We provide information and access to specialized programs, services and resources that help seniors live active, healthy and independent lives.
- Coronation Centre - If you are 50 or older, enjoy interacting with others or want to meet new friends, why not join the Coronation 50 Plus Recreation Centre. The Coronation 50 Plus Recreation Centre enhances the quality of life and well-being of those 50 and over in the City of Niagara Falls. The Centre strives to contribute to the social, educational and recreational needs by offering programs and services in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation’s ACTIVATE program - Activate is a free 6-month blood pressure management program that focuses on eating better, moving more and managing stress.
- Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region - A community where individuals with dementia and their care partners are fully supported to maximize their quality of life and well-being. To advocate for and with people with dementia and their care partners, and provide access to a diverse range of appropriate resources and supports.