Stay-at-Home Order extended for Ontario and new restrictions added in response to COVID-19
Effective April 17, 2021 at 12:01 a.m., the government extended the province-wide Stay-at-Home order requiring everyone to remain at home except for essential purposes such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services (including getting vaccinated), for outdoor exercise, or for work that cannot be done remotely, for 2 additional weeks, and has imposed further restrictions on outdoor activities and retail.
In order to comply with the Stay-at-Home order, the following City facilities will be closed to the public until further notice:
- City Hall - 4310 Queen Street
- Gale Centre - 5152 Thorold Stone Road (including the walking track)
- MacBain Community Centre - 7150 Montrose Road (including the walking track)
- Niagara Falls History Museum - 5810 Ferry Street
- Wayne Thomson Building – 4343 Morrison Street
- Niagara Falls Transit/WEGO Building - 8208 Heartland Forest Road
This is in addition to the following City facilities that have been closed since March 16, 2020, and will remain closed until further notice:
- Coronation 50 Plus Recreation Centre - 5925 Summer Street
- Chippawa Willoughby Arena - 9000 Sodom Road
- Niagara Falls Ryerson Innovation Hub - 4551 Zimmerman Avenue
Niagara Region Public Health COVID-19 vaccination clinics will continue during the Stay-at-Home Order. Details available at niagararegion.ca
Contact City of Niagara Falls Staff:
While city facilities are closed to the public, City of Niagara Falls staff will remain available to assist and serve citizens online and over the phone. Phones will continue to be answered between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM Monday to Friday (905-356-7521), holidays excluded, and online services will remain available at niagarafalls.ca. For after-hours water or sewer emergencies, individuals should contact our Service Centre directly at 905-356-1355.
The City would like to thank residents in advance for their continued cooperation, patience and understanding during these unprecedented circumstances.
For up to date information on the City’s response to COVID-19, please visit Frequently Asked Questions on City Services.
Please visit the following links for further information related to COVID-19, including testing, case tracking and affected areas: