Current Province of Ontario COVID-19 Response Framework Level: State of Emergency, Stay-At-Home Order
Effective Thursday, January 14, 2021at 12:01 a.m., the government is issuing a stay-at-home order requiring everyone to remain at home with exceptions for essential purposes, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services, for exercise or for essential work. This order and other new and existing public health restrictions are aimed at limiting people's mobility and reducing the number of daily contacts with those outside an immediate household. In addition to limiting outings to essential trips, all businesses must ensure that any employee who can work from home, does work from home.
In order to comply with the Stay-At-Home order, the following City facilities continue to be closed to the public until further notice:
- City Hall - 4310 Queen Street
- Gale Centre - 5152 Thorold Stone Road (including the walking track)
- MacBain Community Centre - 7150 Montrose Road (the including the walking track)
- Niagara Falls History Museum - 5810 Ferry Street
- Wayne Thomson Building – 4343 Morrison Street
- Niagara Falls Transit/WEGO Building - 8208 Heartland Forest Road
This is in addition to the following City facilities that have been closed since March 16, 2020, and will remain closed until further notice:
- Coronation 50 Plus Recreation Centre - 5925 Summer Street
- Chippawa Willoughby Arena - 9000 Sodom Road
- Niagara Falls Ryerson Innovation Hub - 4551 Zimmerman Avenue
While city facilities are closed to the public, City of Niagara Falls staff will remain available to assist and serve citizens online and over the phone. Phones will continue to be answered between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM Monday to Friday (905-356-7521), holidays excluded, and online services will remain available at niagarafalls.ca. For after-hours water or sewer emergencies, individuals should contact our Service Centre directly at 905-356-1355.
The City would like to thank residents in advance for their continued cooperation, patience and understanding during these unprecedented circumstances.
For up to date information on the City’s response to COVID-19, please visit Frequently Asked Questions on City Services.
Please visit the following links for further information related to COVID-19, including testing, case tracking and affected areas: